Frenkel Benefits is one of the largest independent employee benefit brokerage/consulting and benefit administration/communications firms in the United States.
We are the independent employee benefits division of Frenkel & Company, a full–service independent insurance brokerage firm established in 1878. Frenkel & Company is the 48th largest insurance brokerage in the country according to Business Insurance.
Frenkel Benefits is among the top 25 fastest growing large-group brokers in the U.S. according to Employee Benefit Adviser and recognized as one of the top 20 largest benefits consulting firms in the New York area by Crain’s New York Business.
Frenkel Benefits began over 60 years ago as Frenkel’s Life & Benefits department. Since 1992 when Craig Hasday took over the division, Frenkel Benefits has experienced consistent growth, including the acquisition in 2004 of our wellness consulting subsidiary, Onsite Wellness.
Our growth has been strong and well-paced to permit us to provide superior support to all of our clients. Our senior staff is equally stable and growing as our business expands.
We will be an effective advocate.
Frenkel Benefits brings a strong industry presence to support your program. We have a substantial block of business with all national and many regional medical insurance companies. In addition, we maintain strong relationships with all of the major group life, accident and disability underwriters.
- We are on the strategic advisory boards of many of the major insurers.
- Our senior executives sit on the national advisory boards of UnitedHealthcare, WellPoint and Aetna.
- We are members of the Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers (CIAB), the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU), the New York Business Group on Health (NYBGH) and are a founding member of the Empire State Healthcare Coalition.
- Frenkel Benefits has been designated as a Platinum Broker by UnitedHealthcare.
- A member firm of Retirement Plan Advisory Group (RPAG), a network of over 350 Independent Financial Advisory Firms in the United States serving approximately 20,000 companies nationwide with over $80B retirement plan assets under management.