Our March seminar rounded up and tackled some of the biggest benefits questions and legislative uncertainties.
Seminar sessions included:
- Evolution of Health Insurance Delivery: Generational Changes Coming to Insurance
- How Do You Know You’re In Compliance?
- NY Paid Family Leave
- ACA to AHCA: The Battle for Repeal & Replace
Highlights from the sessions included:
- Healthcare delivery and the roles of various healthcare entities have seen an explosion in complexity – the old cost-mitigating tricks no longer apply
- High performance, narrow networks can achieve 15-20% in healthcare savings
- Other cost-saving solutions include purchase of healthcare delivery systems (think: hospital networks) and using reference-based reimbursement schedules
- The rollout of Frenkel’s new web-based compliance tool will assist in navigating the complexity of changes in rules and regulations
- NY Paid Family Leave becomes effective 1/1/2018 and will be employee-paid with relatively low premiums
- Group healthcare trend has seen an increase in large claims, not in routine utilization costs
- Over half of Americans get their health coverage through their employer – the real noise takes place in the individual market, specifically in Medicaid
Looking for follow-up materials from the seminar? Contact your Frenkel account executive or click here.